come and follow me!

Wednesday 26 September 2012

30 day challenge...day 27..artwork

Now i must admit i did post this yesterday with no  intention of submitting them for todays challenge, but i have received so much positive feedback for them i had a rethink...especially as when i was browsing the net i found this picture by Dayton Jean and saw how much it resembled my mash up from  yesterday.  I called these kaleidoscope nails.

I needed a little release today, doing nails is therapy for me so i had a little play and this is what i came up with.  I know nothing of art so this was just pure pot luck they were so similar hehe...or maybe now i have the mind of an artist?.....no, luck i think!

When i showed my hubby he said they reminded him of kaleidoscopes so that's what I've named this mani.  I didn't really set out for them to look this way, i was just playing about and this is the direction they took.  I must say i loved them!

As i say i have many more swatches coming over the next few days so stay tuned folks.  Be free to tell me your feedback on these nails! xxxxx

3 comments:

  1. How did you do that? It looks awesome & fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thankyou inky (btw i LOVE the name!) i just done random shapes on a pink base, i used various acrylic paints for the shapes, i found the black and blue really added a different dimension to these, as well as burlington arcade from nails inc....give them a try my lovely and let me know how you get on xxx

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the tips! I wish I could grow my nails as long as yours. I seem to meet with epic breakage when my nails are just shy of 1" from cuticle to tip. Yours are fabulous!

      Delete