come and follow me!

Monday 24 September 2012

My day at olympia London

I have such a fantastic husband, i have to say this first and foremost, he supports my addiction and i want to say a huge thank you to him and for him prompting me to go along to London today.  I am not good on trains and undergrounds by myself so i was going to give this a miss because i was going alone, but as i say Mark prompted me to go knowing i had been looking forward to it all year and i am SO glad i went!

After a minor mishap starting off at the wrong station for a direct route once i was on my way i was very excited, it has been awful weather here in the UK but i wasnt going to let a bit of rain get me down! 

Trains accomplished i entered Olympia to a mad crowd of people all pushing through the doors...every man to for himself so i surged forward.  I went through those doors and i swear i heard bells chiming and birds singing..nail polish stands everywhere!! In front of me was a giant Essie stand....my pulse was already quickening! then i spot color club to the right...OMG!! now us UK girlies only get a really limited supply of cc so this was one of the main reasons i went, i wasnt disappointed!  i managed to snag otherworldly, youthquake, covered in diamonds, wink wink twinkle, gift of sparkle, disco dress and sky high!

Then it was over to the madness that is the huge OPI stand.  I struggled to really get a good look at the Opi's because it was just so busy but i did get to look at the new ds and new bond collection.  It would have been rude not to snap up some of these so i snagged DS indulgence, you only live twice, the spy who loved me, live and let die, on her majesty's secret service and  the world is not enough...job done!

I was made up when i went to see the Misa collection, they were reduced so i scooped up mermaid dreams, frozen in time and office polish-tics.  Ahhhh to many choices were giving me a headache, then i spied seche vite.  Now i love a bit of seche, as does any self respecting polish addict, imagine my surprise when i see they are actually selling colours!! I never knew they were doing their own polishes and i was told by the sales lady they have only just launched them so i was super super excited to buy magnifique and enamored!  I ant wait to try these and to see if they live up to the amazing topcoats they do!

On to nubar.  Now i love a bit of nubar and wished i owned more so i remedied that by getting the black polka dot and White polka dot polishes and one called scratch...made for the scratch magazine i also picked up!  I was so excited to get the polkas because i have been wanting them forever...triple yay!!!  Oh dear then i spot Orly....oh my goodness they had some really pretty polishes and looking back i wish i had gotten more!! i did however get star spangled, miss conduct and the new halloweeny R.I.P. To go with my polishes i got a couple of nail art brushes, a funky purple acrylic paint, konad m47 and m73 plate and a peggy sage plate.

What do you guys think of my haul?...i say its a job well done!  While i was there i also checked out the nailympics which was fab, i only wished i could have gotten a closer look at the work because it was set back from us spectaters, which is fair enough don't get me wrong.  The work these people do is amazing, i am in awe of their talent seriously.  My pictures wont show you the real intricate work that goes into the nails, i was so glad i was able to spectate and see it.  Guys if you can go next year and watch it, do it, you wont be disappointed! 








Throughout the day there are all kinds of seminars going on and again, i only wish i could have attended all of them but time wasn't on my side as i wanted to get home in time to have dinner with my beautiful daughter. 



All in all i am so so glad i went.  I managed to get more polishes than i thought i would.  I adored the atmosphere in Olympia its completely non bitchy or intimidating and  i managed to meet some lovely people.  A few of my lovely facebook friends have suggested next year to all meet up there and attack Olympia together...i say YES...if you are interested in joining us then nearer the time i am going to organise a meet.  Now i am off for a well earned cup of tea and a snuggle with my amazing hubby, polish hugs to you all xxxx..... now i will spam you with pics from the show








9 comments:

  1. Ooh looks amazing! I hope i can go next year. I have anxiety issues and Trains freak me out too! I am glad you enjoyed yourself though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hiya kerrie, i know exactly what you mean, trains...especially the undergrounds are my nemsis..but its worth it to see it all up there....as i say next year a few ladies have shown interest in meeting...would be great for you to come along xxx

      Delete
  2. definitely - let's attack together next year !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I am so jealous! This is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tehe melissa it was a fab time, i cant wait to try out my nail haul!! xxx

      Delete
  4. WHY DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT THIS?!? Next year I will definitely be going! Oh my word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you should come it was a fantastic day raych....we are arranging a meet so the more the merrier! xxxx

      Delete
  5. WOW! That looks FANTASTIC!! I'm wondering if they have anything similar in Northern Ireland? xo

    ReplyDelete