come and follow me!

Saturday 27 October 2012

The Exorcist Freehand nails

Ahhhhh don't you just love it when a plan comes together?  I have spent the last few days mulling over what film i was going to dedicate this mani to for our challenge on crumpets nail tarts on facebook.  I swung from doing the exorcist, childs play or IT.  For creative purposes i was just a smidge away from doing IT....i think i will still give this a go  bit later....but i so wanted to do the exoricst but was so short of ideas. I didn't really want to do the stardard screams or saws...or even the craaaazy chucky because these are usually the easiest to create an i wanted a challenge.....i got it!!

I wish i could take full credit for the idea of this mani, but credit where it is due and it has to go the the incredible Robin Moses.  She does some of the most incredible nail art i have seen, and when i saw the pics of a manicure very similar to this i had to try it....i am so bloody glad i did...i friggin love these!!

From start to finish i knew they were going to be something i can be proud to post which is just fantastic because when i first saw this done i really thought i wouldn't be able to do it good enough....now i just feel like doing a victory dance around my paint laden living room...wooop!

The exorcist was always a film my parents were reluctant to let us kids watch....we kinda watched horrors from quite a young age...freddie was always a funny figure to us rather than scary, so when they banned this from us it just made us want to watch it more.....i remember sneaking it on when they wernt looking and quickly proceeded to sh*t myself.  When Regan was a fully possessed, head spinning, vomitting , friggin manic it just about terrified me enough to rush upstairs and hide under the covers with my glow worm to protect me!!  So whilst this isnt a slasher blood and guts kind of film, i think these films are true horror scary films...not some of the crap they make today.  Classics all the way my lovlies. 

I hope you guys enjoyed my little film manicure....feel free to tell me what your favourite scary movie is (ohhh isnt that what they say in scream?!

18 comments:

  1. OMG this is amazing!! And I'm a self-confessed weenie so I don't watch many scary movies O.O But I do have to say that The Ring scared me hella good lol! But your mani is just SO cool. Really awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much Kristen i really appreciate your lovely comments :) xxxxxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. bless you sweetheart thankyou so much..i loved the movie to! xxxxx

      Delete
  3. I bow down to the Mistress of nail art! Night of the Living Dead gave me nightmares, which is really funny cuz I'd already seen Dawn & Day of the Dead plus a few other zombie movies. I think filming it in black & white made it creepier.

    P.S. I agree that Robin Moses is the Patron Goddess of Nail Art, but you ain't slackin on da talent either, Mistress Mimi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol!! awww inky your way with words is classic and i love being known as a mistress!! psssssst (i have got you some stunning polish being sent tomorrow.....wooooop!) as always my lovely your comments make mistress mimi a happy girlie!! xxxxx

      Delete
    2. You please me with your nail art...I please you with my words. A win-win! Now I'll by stalking my mail carrier until goodies arrive. We'll see how long it takes me to do a mani & get it posted. Methinks it won't take long! LOL

      Delete
    3. yay!! i will be sure to check it out sweetie....maybe i can get you to do a guest post for me sometime! xxxxx

      Delete
    4. Eeek! Public exposure? I don't know if I'm ready for it or is it that the world might not be ready for me? We'll see what the future brings...

      Delete
    5. hehe well whenever you are ready sweetie...you're always welcome on here my lovely xxx

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, these are gorgeous!!! Wow and once again wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe....sending you big polish love agia glad you like them xxxxx

      Delete
  5. This is amazing!!!! Great mani!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Birds was the scariest movie I ever saw. It was the first one and I was only 8 and at a slumber party. And I believe it was in black & white. I had nightmares for weeks...
    I love your nails. They are a true work of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh i loved the birds!! crikey i had forgotten about that film...i am so downloading that! I really apreciate your kind feedback sweetie thankyou! xxxx

      Delete
  7. I just want to say i think you did a wonderful job of this and i was blown away. thank you so much for giving me credit and sharing your beautiful art in such a giving and kind way, it makes me inspired to keep going and painting more and sharing always. you make this fun and i very much appreciate your art and heart :) *huge hug* thank you so so much.

    robin moses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. robin this message made my day!! you are a total sweetheart to teach people art, and to think you like my work is a huge boost to me! thank you for your kind words, I will always be a fan! xxxx

      Delete