come and follow me!

Monday 1 October 2012

Disney Villains collection!


I am soooo bad......i am so bad i belong with the evil queens i am going to show you.  The other day i had a stinker of a day, you know the days when you just want to crawl under the duvet and shut the world out?? well that was my day...my lovely hubby took me to Bluewater to cheer me up and treated me to 3 nails inc polishes, then we took a look in the Disney store and ohhhh myyyyyyy god i set my greedy eyes on these polishes!  I absolutely had to have them, just for the fact they are Disney...i adore Disney, it makes me feel like a kid again! I felt so bad because i had already had 3 nail mail that day, as well as my nails inc...but i just couldn't leave there without these, i was super exciteable all the way home!  So onto the swatches of loveliness, the colours are absolutely awesome!!

first up we have Cruella de vill.  Now to me she is one of my favourites, i adore 101 Dalmatians, so much i want to throw it on now.  I am so going to do a Dalmatian design with this polish because it is amazing!!  It is a beautiful bright red creme.  It is very vivid, very vampy, very cruella!!  Application was great, i used 3 coats for the shots here. Ahhhhh i have the song in my head 'Cruella de vill, cruella de vill, if she doesn't scare you then no one else will!'  Damn it that is going to be in my head all day!


 
 
 

Now we have  evil queen.....ohhh my days, this is a bit of me! This is simply stunning, its a blackened base with stacks of fuchsia micro fine glitter.  Again this is a very vampy colour, perfect for  a Halloween manicure!!  This is exactly what the evil queen would be wearing...very very dark and dangerous, but very beautiful...like the evil queen...she rocks! (also when my little family visited Disneyland the evil queen was just fabulous there, she picked on my husband!)  Application was perfect!! 3 coats and wow!!





Next up is Maleficent.  I adore adore adore sleeping beauty, the whole film is just superb, a classic love tale, with adorable fairies and the evil Maleficent...and she was evil indeed...poor sleeping beauty!!  The polish is yet another amazing one, a beautiful teal metallic number...oh it is lovely indeed.  It has so much depth to the colour, amazing, ill let the pics do the speaking.  As the rest application was beautiful!

 
 


 


Now we have Mother gothel from Tangled.  Ohhh i loved this film, i thought it was super funny!  Although it is a newer Disney film i still loved it...but not as much as the older Disney films, the older ones were just so charming...awww dont you just love Disney?! Mother Gothel another lovely one, in the bottle it looks like a deep brown colour but it comes out more deep burgundy brown on the nail.  This was also super shiny without a topcoat.  Application was great...again 3 coats for the shots.

 
 

Queen of hearts is next.  Now this was a surprise for me.  I don't tend to like gold polishes very much, unless i am stamping, so i was quite resigned to the fact i was going to not like this one to much.....one that would be forgotten very quickly.  I was wrong, this colour is not like your bog standard gold.  It has more of an antique feel to it, kind of a mustard gold with gold shimmer to it.  It is definitely a strange colour and one i liked much more than i thought i would.  It is very much a queen of hearts polish....very odd hehe!! (btw....Alice in wonderland rocks!)
my nails art bumpy here, its the light! hehe xx

 

And lastly we have Ursula.....another strange one for me.  I loved this in the bottle, i thought it was going to be a winner...for me this is the least favourite of mine from this collection.  Its not to say the colour isn't beautiful because it is...it was the application that gave me a hard time...it streaked quite a lot and didn't level out very well, even a topcoat didn't help much.  Its such a shame as the colour is so pretty it is a delicate light lilac colour with a dense shimmer.....a strange choice to use such a delicate colour for such a strong character!


All in all i loved this collection, as I'm sure you would have gathered, anything Disney is going to be a winner for me.  I must also just quickly say i also adored the bottles!!  They are sleek, the shape is amazing and i adored the brushes to...bravo Disney!  These are avalible now in Disney stores now and retail at £20 for all 6x



12 comments:

  1. omg I love that youve done this!!! Thats it Im buying! - I was waiting for swatches then I saw yours and fell in love!!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol im glad you like it honey, they are such great polishes! glad i could help xxx

      Delete
  2. I got these today for my birthday and I am so happy I did now thanks for this great swatches :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww happy belated birthday joanne, i hope you enjoy the polishes as much as i did! xxxx

      Delete
  3. Interesting collection! I really like the evil queen but i don't think I would buy the whole set just for one polish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. evil queen is a stunner Lucisek, i just adore Disney so the whole set ha to be mine hehe xxx

      Delete
  4. I hope I can make my swatches half as beautiful as yours are. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im sure your swatched will be amazing my lovely, thankyou though your comments mean a lot to me xxx

      Delete
  5. When I've seen picture of the collection without looking at the title of the post I've thought that is some Halloween collection, but this is Disney... :) I absolutely love all collection, is just gorgeous!!! My favourite shade from this collection is the Evil Queen, but the favourite character is definitely Ursula - I always loved Little Marmaind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh Agia itts so good to meet another Disney enthusiast! hehe i must admit my favourite of the collection was evil queen, i love it so much, my favourite villian was prob cruella and malecifent...ahhhhh all of them!! xxxxx

      Delete
  6. Wow!! I love these!!!!
    I've been eyeing them....
    Fellow Disney lover here!
    Can you tell what company actually manufactured these? I was a little worried about the quality. I just kept picturing those kiddie polish kits in my mind!! LOL
    These look quite nice!
    Just curious where Disney went....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello sweetheart, they are fantastic arnt they, a must for any Disney lover!! i think these were actually manufactured by disney themselves, i have looked on the box and i cant see any other name on there. I can assure you they are definately not kiddie kit quality, i reaally liked these xxxx

      Delete