come and follow me!

Sunday 7 April 2013

Is this the best white polish ever? China Glaze Dandy Lyin' Around.....


I am so excited....I think I might have found the best white polish in a long time and I am going to share this with you tonight.  I picked up China Glaze Dandy Lyin' Around at my local Sallys today.  Now I have seen the Avant Garden Collection kicking around on the internet but I wasn't really thrilled with the colours to be honest.  I have to say after seeing them in the flesh I have totally changed my mind, they are gorgoues !!

I have picked up this beautiful white polish today.  I loved the shimmer I saw glistening in the bottle so I picked it up.  Now white polishes do not like me at all, I am pale skinned and hardly any white compliments me...it always looks like tip ex on me!  Well this different in my humble opinoun


DLA is a beautiful milky creamy white...not stark but not overly creamy (if you get me) with a lovely glass fleck. 

It applied rather sheer at first, I needed 3 coats to reach a decent coverage.  I wish it was a tad more opaque but that is my only critism on an otherwise really pretty white.

I decided to add some monochrome goodness with some black stripes....gotta say I am loving this look!


So, ave you guys tried the Avent Garden collection? what did you think?

6 comments:

  1. I love the Avant Garden collection. This one is still in my untrieds. My favorite so far is Fade Into Hue. Pink-ie Promise is pretty too but the shimmer really didn't come out on the nail like it is in the bottle and it looked like a "grandma" color once I got it on my nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a shame about pink ie promise colour my lovely this one is very pretty but I agree about the shimmer, it isn't as prominent on the nail as it is in the bottle :( xxxx

      Delete
  2. I just bought this last week! lol I agree, it's not your average white polish. That subtle sparkle, the one that cameras can't capture, makes all the difference. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep I agree the sparkle is something my camera didn't like to capture well..booo, at least you know the sparkle is indeed there...bless you inky xxxxx

      Delete
  3. Yes, yes it is the best white ever ! I just need some sun, it will look awesome with a tan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhhhh glad you agreed with me brijit, and I wish I could tan but I could lay on the sun and still be stupidly pale! hehe I imagine on tanned skin would be perfection xxxxx

      Delete