come and follow me!

Friday 5 April 2013

My 2nd Client...extensions and Enchanted n Hare...what i have learnt

Hello my lovelies, I hope you are all well today.  Todays post is a little different for you guys.  Usually I am here working merrily on my own nails but today I was called upon to do some ultra girly nails for a very dear friends daughters 16th birthday.  Of course I jumped at the chance to do them as this is something I want to branch out and do for a living soon.....so I need to build my confidence up.

So My lovely Rita arrives and we spent time chatting, looking though designs and pictures...looking at polish and chatting a bit more before we decided to use Enchanted Disco Barbie and Hare Polish Teen Queen.  My first thing I should have done was ask what kind of time frame she had free...lesson 1 learnt as bless her she was going out in just over 2 hours.  Now this sounds long enough right? no, by the time we had talked, settled down and me to apply the extensions I had literally no time to do a nail art design on her.

I was gutted to send her out with them not being how we had agreed.  Lesson number 2 I learnt was to A not ding the nail as she is just getting up....Mimi panicked cos she had to go like 5 minutes ago so we quickly redid the nail.....only then for a rookie mistake to happen......she needs to put her coat on!!!! agrrrh why oh why would I do things like that when it is obvious I should have let her put her coat on before I polished her up...knowing she would be heading out the door straight away.  I was so sad not to have done art on her....after all I am quickly learning that is where my talents lay...I am used to working on natural nails so I am not used to applying enhancements.


So yup, even though Rita was happy when she left I have learnt from my mistakes today...all small things but things which would have really mattered if this wasn't a lovely person I had been working on.....lets face it no everyone will have the sweet nature Rita has!  So I extend my thank you to Rita for being so lovely and also to wish her a very happy sweet 16.

11 comments:

  1. You are such a smart angel my Mimi. Look at how much you learned just by doing. The in and outs that make the mani a success for both you and your client. I'm so happy for you my love. xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. patty my angel thank you so much for your continued support of me, it means so much my angel xxxxx

      Delete
  2. THey look awesome Mimi! Love that pink color too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much my lovely Katherine! xxxxx

      Delete
  3. Looks brilliant!! I bet she was happy even without nail art, 2 hours isn't long at all, especially doing extensions too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much lovely char, you are a star in your support, I truly appreciate it xxxxx

      Delete
  4. What a pretty Sweet Sixteen Birthday mani. The glitters look like confetti. Perfect for a birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much cin, I love the pink to, the colours worked really well together xxxxx

      Delete
  5. Aww! Happy Birthday to |Rita - her nails look awesome!

    Shame about the timing. I remember I did acrylics once on my mum, and it took about 2 hours! It's really different working on someone else's hands! You did a great job though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much cazzy, I was a little gutted about the timing, I just let my mouth run away with me not knowing the poor little lamb had to go out lol...still you live and learn...enhancements are not really my thing, but I am definitely going to try and improve xxxxx

      Delete
  6. Beautiful nails!!! :D

    ReplyDelete