come and follow me!

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Want some neon goodness..look no further Lush Lacquer Green Genie and Clowning Around

Hey my lovely lovlies!  Today I am bringing you a double whammy in one post, giving you the lowdown on 2 most amazing polishes that you all NEED in your life.

They are from the very talented Karin and  Lexi at Lush Lacquer , Green Genie and Clowning Around.  Oh my days these 2 polishes absolutely live up to my high expectations.  I saw these 2 beauties on the etsy shop and knew I had to have them.  Yesterday they came and I literally gasped when I opened them, in the bottles they are something to behold!!

GREEN GENIE (I cant stop singing in my head jean genie by David Bowie lol) is a spectacular bright lime green crème base with matte neon glitters scattered...I see pink, purple, orange, yellow medium size.  There is also larger pink and blue hex and tiny orange glitters.  These altogether makes for a really interesting and fun look, it is definitely not a dupe for anything I have in my collection. 

Application was no problem.  I only used 2 coats for full coverage.  Formula was a little thick but not unworkable at all...dry time was a little slower but no biggie.

CLOWNING AROUND is going to be my go to topcoat from here on in for the summer months...ohhhhhh I LOVE it.  This is without a doubt the most unique top coat I own....and trust me I own a lot.  It is set in a clear base and is packed with various sized MATTE NEON glitters.  It totally transforms a base colour to something really quite special  I chose to layer this over Models Own Grape Juice.  I adore adore adore the effect this gives over a pretty pastel colour..making it pretty but eye catching to!  I like that I am going to get plenty of wear out of this as you could use any base colour.



Another thing I love was the application.  It didn't clump like so many tend to do, the glitters applied beautifully and really evenly!  I didn't need to go back and do the dabbing method at all.  Fist class!  I only used 1 coat over the lilac so as you can see you get a lot of bang for your buck!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. hehe me to, neon = happy!! btw LOVE your name! xxxx

      Delete
  2. I am loving these neon glitters.

    ReplyDelete