come and follow me!

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Hmmm Love/Hate Bourjois Adora-bleu

Another day in the blog-a-sphere and here I am with a little post reviewing Bourjois Adora-bleu. 

Now then,  when I saw this little pretty looking up at me from the shelves in Boots I fell in love with this colour.  I am a sucker for lovely soft blues so there was no doubt it was coming back with me. 


So sad to say that's where my love affair ended.  Now I pride myself on being able to do a nice 'paint job'.  I know how to handle a wide variety of brushes and formula's...the good the bad and the ugly I have worked with.  I wouldn't say this is the ugly by any means, I still adore the pants off this colour....but this is definitely the bad. 

The formula was just so so strange for me.  I noticed when I drew the brush out that it was really quite thick and runny,  the brush didnt seem to like to hold the polish well...the brush didnt want to absorb the polish into the bristles.  It just held a lot on the outer part of the brush.  When I had what I perceived as a lot less polish on the brush I found that it didn't like to flow easily from the brush to the nail causing the polish to kind of run out of steam halfway through my brush stroke, causing it to have a ripple effect.  When I loaded a little more polish than previously it was just to much polish in the brush once again causing my cuticles to become a little flooded!  This is the first mani in a looooong time I have had to clean up after.

I eventually settled on doing overly thin coats to build coverage and relied heavily on seche vite to even things out. 

Needless to say I was really disappointed with the application of this.  I used 3 thin coats to get a good coverage...if this had applied as it should this would be almost a 1 coater.  It is such a shame because this is a super super pretty periwinkle blue.  I don't know if I just had a dodgy batch of polish..it would be interesting to see if others have had these issues.

Enjoy your day my lovelies xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment