come and follow me!

Monday 29 July 2013

PiCture POlish Blog Fest 2013!! Year of the blogger Jealousy, CoralReef and Aphrodisiac

Eeeek...its here.....PiCture POlishes Blog Fest and I am thrilled to be taking part!!  I have one mammoth post for you lovely peeps today, including some excellent shades AND a tutorial on the nail art I came up with. 

I must just say a quick thank you to the awesome ladies at PiCture POlish for allowing me to be part of the year of the blogger challenge.  Even though it was hard and  I racked my brains to think of a worthy nail art creation, I am eventually pleased at what I came up with! We were challenged to come up with our best nail art creation using the shades sent to us by PP.

First I thought I would show the shades I got sent to do a mani with.  They are as follows... Aphrodisiac....This is a stunning deep purple creme....obscenely opaque and equally obscenely pretty...Love it! 



Coral Reef....ahhhhh this is just so pretty and girly.  This is a lovely soft coral creme with undertones of pink. Stunning!

Jealousy.....yep everyone sure will be jealous when you are sporting this baby.  I really love this one.  Considering this is a glitter it is so opaque, no need for undies here..i only needed 2 coats!

So onto the nail art.  I really wanted to do a tribal theme for this challenge.  I thought I was provided with the perfect shades for this...and here it is, ta dah!

I really hope you guys like it...fancy recreating it? well here is my little tutorial on how I did it...I mixed up the colours a bit to show you how versatile these colours are.

Step 1. On a clean nail paint 2 side triangles next to each other
Step 2. Fill in the 2 triangles with the purple.
Step 3. Fill in a contrasting colour on the opposite side (I chose Coral Reef)
Step 4. Fill in the remainder on the nail with another contrasting colour (jealousy)
Step 5. With Coral Reef paint a further 2 triangles in the purple triangles.
Step 6. With aphrodisiac touch up the lines of the coral and green, adding a thin line near the cuticle to create a more neat and interesting design.
Step 7. Apply topcoat.

For the Middle finger I varied the design a little...here is how I did it

Step 1. With aphrodisiac paint a zig zag down the nail.
Step 2. With the Coral Reef outline the purple.
Step 3. With jealousy outline the coral.
Step 4.  With aphrodisiac fill in the rest of the bare nail.
Step 5.  Topcoat!

And there you have it!  I would LOVE to see anybody Else's version of these...so please do show if you try them!  PiCture POlish is an awesome brand, I genuinely love every one I have tried.  So get yourselves over to their fab website and get ready to drool...find the website here or you can visit their networking page here and if that wasn't enough here are some other ways you can check out this fab brand!
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Instagram and lastly You Tube

16 comments:

  1. Wow pretty colors! I love what you did with them in that manicure too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Lisa you're a star!! xxxx

      Delete
  2. Absofreakinlutely perfect! I bow down before my Mistress in awe!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe ahhhhh as always my inky star you are fantabulos!!! xxxx

      Delete
  3. yayy... love the manicure, tutorial and drooling over coral reef.. you are so lucky to be a part of blog fest.. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe I do feel very lucky dimpal to be part of it...so pleased you like it. Thank you my sweet! xxx

      Delete
  4. Really gorgeous! you got a unique combo of colours too!cor reef is stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww thank you my lovely Char! coral reef is stunning in the flesh! xxxx

      Delete
  5. This is so awesome! I love how bright and fun it is!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so so much, im so pleased you like it my friend xxxx

      Delete
  6. This is super cool! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so so much Jenny! it was fun to create. I am so pleased you like it xxxx

      Delete
  7. FUN-tastic!!! The bright colours and the design are awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely design! I love how you've blended these colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow,Really the loveliest design.body paint

    ReplyDelete